Monday, January 26, 2009

The drive back home

Before I took my wonderful vehicle that I have greatly missed back home I was able to enjoy a lot of time with everyone.  I even spent some time with mother nature.  

When I went sledding with Jen, Jer, and fam I decided we needed a proper snowman to watch us sled.  This is Fredrico jr.  Long story.  I haven't made a snowman in a long time and I really liked this guy.  What a great day!  Great trip really, and it wasn't over yet.

For my drive look at what it cost me to get started.  Amazing right?!?  Not bad I must admit.  Mike and David called me often (usually when I needed it the most)  and we only spoke for a few minutes at a time but it was very nice to have.  I always had some radio which was also nice.  There were a lot of miles that needed to be melted away.  speaking of melting. . . 

I did hit some snow up in the mountains and some rain in the valleys.  I stayed the night in Reno, NV.  I turned on the TV when I got to my room as some background noise but ended up falling right to sleep.  Woke up well rested and continued on my way.  This snow was what hit me after I left Reno.  

Here I am back in sunny CA.  Back to work as normal.  Going to formation through our wooded hills.  Have I ever mentioned how pretty I think it is here?  This is my friend Garret.  His ride ditched him in San Francisco so I went there to pick him up.  I don't like driving in big cities.  There is no place to park.  And you have to pay to use the restroom at the gas station.  I just went to the airport and waited for his flight to get in.  I had company at least for the last leg of the journey.  We are actually on our way to go get drug tested in this picture the next day.  What a wonderful two weeks of fun!  Thank you to everyone who put up with me for that time.  I had fun.  Thanks a million!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

You're right, that is a far more awesome snowman than the one we tried to make! :D

Glad you made it back to CA safely!

Mandy said...

Okay, it's been just over a month... time for a new post! ;)

Tasha said...

so here I am wondering "did James die?' :p

Mike said...

I'm glad that I was able to assist in you being able to purchase cheap gasoline. Gas is cheaper in UT, you should come here more often.