Sunday, January 25, 2009

I had some fun during Christmas!

One of the best parts about being around your family and some old friends is since I haven't seen them in a while I can go from one group to the next and everyone is anxious to see me and we make the best of the time together.  

There was a lot of UNO!  I played it with several groups of people on several nights under different circumstances.  It is the classic game.  And house rules always spice things up.  Especially when I deal and folks might not have played some of my rules.  On one eventful night the group I was playing with said that one of the rules for the round was that I couldn't win.  I went out first but didn't win that round.  Go figure.  House rules right?!?

I even got to introduce a new game that I really enjoy.  I think it went over well.  Ticket to Ride.  This is the Europe edition.  And just like the first time I played it.  It looked like I was going to win and it was ripped out from under my nose.  See Kathy, you cursed me.  Nice job Hollie.  I did get to help my nephew Zachary play Settlers of Catan for the first time.  That used to be one of my staple games.  I was pretty good at it.  I played with him and his family.  I love playing games!

For as much fun as games are there are few things that work out built up stress like going shooting.  Since a picture is worth a thousand words this picture needs no further explanation.  Just thanks Kurtis!  

I was a good boy this year, well for most of the year.  I finally was able to get the stock I've been wanting for my shotgun.  It goes on top.  Don't I look so happy to finally get it?!?  Trust me, with this kind of a present this face means elation!  

No comments: