Sunday, January 25, 2009

I went back to my old hometown for Christmas

Here are a few of the highlights of me heading back to UT for Christmas.  
I was going to ride to the airport with a friend at 5:00 am.  I set my alarm for 4:00.  She was supposed to call me at 4:30.  At around 4:45 I got the call from her saying the cab was on the way.  Keep in mind she had never called a cab before and I had shown her how the week before when we went to a movie.  Apparently, as she claims, she had in fact called and I never responded.  I wasn't ready.  About five after five I was ready and called a cab.  I only had enough cash to get to the airport by splitting it.  I had to wait for a cab that took a card.  25 minutes later I was on my way to the airport.  Checking in took about a half hour.  Security took five minutes to disrobe, scan, and get my belongings back on my person.  The flight was boarding when I ran up to get on.  Just like on the movies.  Smooth
 sailing from there.  Quick 71 miles to San Francisco.  I know about the miles.  It was cheapest this way.  Breakfast in the airport.  Then on to SLC.  
My brother and his wife, Mike and Colette respectively, picked me up with excellent timing.  After a nice lunch it was off to start Christmas.  

Chloe Appears!!  Here is the fabulous moment when the nasty doll appears to wish Neil a very merry Christmas with a kiss on the cheek.  She pops up from time to time when you least expect it.  It has been going on for years.  What a great family tradition! 

We decorated some team shirts for some activities that would be used in the next day's activities.  Here is one team vying for the win at three pin.  Mike is very excited about getting someone out or some such thing.  And Jeremy like flash is only a blur as he speeds on for another point.  Colette is guarding the middle while David is in the back working out one of his conditions.  I give them grief because they won two out of three games.

Sarah and Neil also in their wonderful planning of activities got a black light which added new depths of entertainment.  We had a lot of fun with the glowing shirts.  

DOGGIE PILE!!  A little blurry but one of my favorites.  That is family love right there!  Good times had by all!  

No comments: