Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's gonna be a rough ride

This first picture in the bottom left is my hat and glasses.  That is me!  It isn't just someone wearing my stuff.  Then there is Dru and Kurt.  I couldn't figure out a problem and they both were stewing over it as well.  I didn't feel so bad that I couldn't get it after that.  Misery loves company right? 

This next one is of Scott and I studying.  Well, me taking a picture of us studying but I tried to do a good job of making it look like I was still working hard.  Both of these pictures were taken when I was still phase I and II.  

I am now in a new room up one floor and over closer to the volley ball pit.  Basically just a few rooms down and one floor up.  I study the most with Scott.  He is very patient and works really well with me.  He is a good study partner.  Dru lives off base with his wife and Kurt lives all the way down at the other end.  Scott and I were in the same class for the first 6 lessons.   Now he is one class over.  It is almost as good.  We still have 7th hour together so we can still see what the other person struggles with the most.  

I titled this section " It's gonna be a rough ride" because of something that happened today.  We took our lesson nine test.  After, we started lesson 10.  The teacher made a comment and it made me kind of cringe.  You know it's going to be tough when the teacher says " you had better hang on tight for this lesson." Wow.  I thought all that other stuff was hard.  We shall see.  Our last lesson was on things like the subtle differences between sentences like The winter in my hometown is as cold as the winter in New York. and The winter in my hometown is cold like the winter in New York.  

I am pretty much setting into my routine fairly well.  Wake at 5:30 shower get ready.  6:00 Breakfast.  By quarter to 7:00 I am in the classroom studying/ warming up my mind for the day.  We have class.  There are three 50 minute classes with a 10 minute break in between.  Lunch until noon.  Four classes.  Hurry up to the hilltop track and change.  Exercise for an hour then dinner.  After that I will study or whatever until I go to speaking club for an hour.  Then homework or whatever until I finish.  That is the basic schedule I put myself on.  It keeps me busy but pretty focused.  The weekends I relax and try to sleep in or whatever.  

1 comment:

JenWright said...

Hey little brother. Your schedule sounds full and good and a bit scary. Hang in there. Love you.