Monday, August 11, 2008

It's been a month

I have made it about a month. I am now phase III. I have some liberties. I am kind of like a person in that I have a certain amount of say in what I do with some of my time. It is great!

I changed rooms this weekend. I now have a roomate. I would prefer not to have one. What can you do? He keeps to himself a bit. I haven't been around much though.

I am needing every extra bit of study time possible (eventhough I don't always use that time the most effectively) I am headed over to the Chinese Speaking Club in a few minutes. It is a chance to get into small groups with teachers or tutors and really get down to the grind on problems. It is also a good opportunity to hone studying skills.

I went to the shopping center this weekend and watched the new mummie movie. The Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. It features a chinese mummie. I actually understood a few (very few and very simple) things!

I also have been able to pick out a couple of basic things on the coverage of the 2008 summer Olimpic Games in Beijing China. I have only been able to watch the games during meal times because I don't have a TV. I did enjoy what I have seen! Go USA!! go china or chile.

1 comment:

Mike said...

You saw the Mummy Movie!?! Awesome. I just wanted to leave a comment. I hope that the dude you live with now is able to handle an additional human unit dwelling in his presence.