Saturday, November 1, 2008

10/11 before 12

On Oct 11th we had the Air Force Ball.  A chance to celebrate the Air Force and have good food and entertainment.  There are also traditions and ceremonies that take place there.  It really was quite amazing to see many of the legacies that have carried on.  There also was a bit of fluff of introducing many people who do great things but it makes for long introductions.  The presiding member in attendance was Major General Flowers.  Commander of the Second Air Force.  

I have heard him speak once before at my graduation from basic training.  I have been fortunate to have him around in my thus far short career.  A little unusual but then again unusuality is no stranger to me.  (yes I know it isn't a word but it makes sense and I like it, and let's face it-you know what I am talking about.  Ergo, it is a communicatory device.  Thus I declare it a functional word.  And that goes for communicatory as well. )  

Here I am again in my uniform enjoying myself.  I was a bit nervous to think about having a good time while I was standing next to the General.  This was actually at the beginning of the night.  This is my friend Bridgette and I.  I rode with her and two other people one of whom arrived here the same time as I did.  We also ate with my friend Dru and his wife and a lady and her husband.    I have met her and spoken with her before this night, she is a very pleasant woman.  

The food was excellent.  Fillet minoit and chicken breast with vegetables.  The asparagus was good and the other veggies not bad either.  The salad was not as enjoyable because it was really fancy.  It tasted more like leaves off of a tree outside but the meal was great.  The dessert was, well just look:

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Oooh...You look all fancy! :P