Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mangos and fuzzy lint

In the military, according to my point of view, there are an abundance of competative individuals. One of that lot happens to be my squad leader who is in charge of about 10 rooms. He claims that our sqad is better than another squad. In fact, better than all other squads in the squadron (squad is just the name for about 10 rooms there are 7 squads on our floor and there are two buildings of three floors in our squadron) There is a competition between our squad III and squad IV. The competition is simple. When we have our nightly room inspections the floor chief will accompany the respective squad leader into a randomly selected room and the least amount of demerits wins.

My room was chosen. And why not? My bed is easily the neatest, tightest, and most wrinkle free bed in the building without a doubt. I have no stinky room mate (anymore) to pile junk around and dirty things up. I maintain a very clean room (no laughing from any family members, I speak the truth. I suppose I will need a picture for this one. It will come.) I only have out a couple of very nicely framed items on my shelf and dresser. I really am a freak about the dust. I take pride in finding possible hiding places for dust and ridding the foul invaders from within my realm.

My kingdom was invaded, pre-inspection, and my squad leader said get rid of everything that is out and put it in your wall locker. So I quickly started taking stuff and putting it in my wall locker. I did not have time to locate the fuzzy little lint located beneath my desk organizer (you know the plastic thing with groves to separate pencils and sticky notes and paper clips etc) They found a demerit! Bummer! That just goes to show you don't mess with a man's way of doing things or it never would have been located. It would have been perfect! It didn't matter though, the other blokes had 5 demerits!

I took my first quiz in Chinese today. I will get the score tomorrow. Let's hope for the best right?

I also purchased an air freshener. Guess what scent it is. It is Mango! The same scent I use in my Durango. My room smells delicious!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Shelece is a mango girl? Who knew?